For weeks 7 & 8 our main focus was the completion of our radio show and audio assignments.
Audio Assignments: This week we were asked to complete 10 stars worth of Audio assignments.
1. This is the post that I made for my first Audio Assignment of the week. I got a chance to make a ringtone using Audacity…. the awesome part is that I actually use the ringtone now.
2. The second Audio Assignment that I decided to do was the Chimpmunk’d song… I used one of my current favorite songs and chipmunk’d it using Audacity once again.. I think it actually sounds pretty cool!
3. The next Audio Assignment I completed was about taking an order from Mcd’s … in an accent and the one I chose to do was a British accent…. it was actually pretty fun.
4. The last Audio Assignment I completed was the Multi-personality one. It asked us to be multiple people (3/4) and have a story be told during it. This assignment was actually a lot of fun and I enjoyed getting it done and being creative with it.
Phonar: During this week we were also asked to submit 4 unused pieces of media into the ds106 phonar recycling project. I submitted photos for all of mine. The titles of my photos were as follows:
1. First Draft of BULKY.png
2. Waste from Design Assignments.jpg
3. Waste from design safari.jpg
4. Waste from design safari2.jpg
Comment Challenge: This is the link to my post on the comment challenge started by another student for this week.
Daily Creates: This week we were asked to complete 6 daily creates…. Here’s a post explaining all of mine … fairly detailed!
Radio Show: This is a link to the post I wrote about our Radio Show that was due this week…. I am pretty sure I answered most of the questions asked in the weekly summary, but I’ll reflect a little more on the ones I didn’t get around to.
My group chose our theme through discussion and trying to find something that we would all be comfortable with. In my post I discussed some of the hard parts of doing this assignment, but I was lucky to have two other people that were willing to do everything they could to ensure our radio show was a success. The contribution of each member was first discussed generally… then as we all realized we don’t like the sound of our own voices… we got a little picky on who would have the part that spoke the most…. I got stuck with that part after we picked parts of a straw…. I got the shortest one -__-. I actually didn’t mind it that much, I tried my best to do what I could with what was being asked of me. I think our group did a great job and that our show sounds and represents exactly what we hoped it would… I’m really proud of our effort as a whole.
Reflection: I was actually kind of scared going into the Audio Assignments and dealing a lot with the Audio portion of this class…. I’m not a big fan of listening to my own voice, but I guess when I’m alone and the concept of being able to alter my voice .. It isn’t all that bad. Dealing with Audio can take some time and test your comfort a lot.. I thought I tried my best to get comfortable and worry less about what I sounded like and more about what the assignment’s goal was. I’m glad I got to work on a variety of audio assignments these past few weeks… It really did help a lot and I think our radio show is a good example of that as well. When I started this class I didn’t expect to get much out of the Audio portion… I figured I’d skim through it and avoid as much of it as possible (hence the daily creates that I usually avoid). I will admit that I’m getting more out of it then expected and I am enjoying it more as well. A lot of the tasks this week tested my limits, but I’m glad I got to learn new ways of enjoying audio and recording my own voice. I also realized that Audio doesn’t always have to be about the way your voice turns out .. there are other fun factors of it, including the story and emotion that comes out of a piece of audio work as apposed to a picture or drawing.